Exploring The 4Th Dimension Using Animations

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Exploring The 4Th Dimension Using Animations

Postby SteveKlinko » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 pm

I have developed a whole series of Animations that deal with Rotations in the 4Th Dimension and other topics. I believe the Axis Sharing concept and the concept of Dimensional Points, which are discussed in detail, might provide some new insight into understanding the 4Th dimension. The Animations begin by illustrating some basic concepts like Axis Sharing, then a whole group of Rotations are demonstrated. The concept of Dimensional Points is then introduced and then Animations showing how we might understand Rotations on a Plane of points is given. Then several Animations attempt to demonstrate how 3D Space can be viewed as Flat from 4D Space. Please click on the link below to view the Animations:

http://www.theintermind.com/ExploringThe4thDimensionUsingAnimations/ExploringThe4thDimensionUsingAnimations.asp

Thank You
Steve Klinko
SteveKlinko
Dionian

Re: Exploring The 4Th Dimension Using Animations

Postby ICN5D » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Wow, you spent a lot of time on this, I can tell. There's a lot of content in there. It's interesting, too, using different techniques that I haven't seen. I'd like to give some advice. I have some experience teaching this concept to non-mathematical minded people. I have learned that too many words will make people stop reading it, and give up.

I did exactly what you did, and described in a huge amount of detail how it all works. It makes sense to us, the one who wrote it. But, people, in general, are looking for a quick read, that is super to-the-point. Visual aids are always a plus, if not highly necessary. Very, very few will have the tenacity to do a complete read-through.

If you want to reach a wider audience, and it seems you are, then I suggest taking a look at this one I made, of 4D hyperdonut (toratope) shapes. Again, don't get me wrong, it's a great presentation.

I learned this the hard way, by spending days putting something together, with the most awesome and thorough description I could muster, only to have people say they still don't get it. I had a very different result when using as few words as possible ( and simple, too! ), when people started to get it.

Another thing, it might be good to maybe add a comment/reply section, because you still will need to interact with the audience, and do follow-up explanations. Or, this thread could work, too.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Re: Exploring The 4Th Dimension Using Animations

Postby SteveKlinko » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 pm

To ICN5D:

Thank You for the good words.
Thank You for the suggestions.
Very good visualizations on your website.
Steve Klinko
SteveKlinko
Dionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions