What a 2d plant might look like

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

What a 2d plant might look like

Postby anderscolingustafson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:55 am

I designed a 2d plant

2d plant.png
(42.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet

It has all it's leaves at the top where the light isn't blocked by other leaves. It absorbs liquid from it's top instead of through its roots as there isn't much if any liquid underground. The green circles are its ovaries. They are all on the outermost branches so that they can get to the ground instead of falling on other branches. The cyan circles inside it are fluid. Fluid moves through it in spheres so that it doesn't divide it in two. The roots it has are only to keep it planted in the ground and do not absorb fluid at all.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Re: What a 2d plant might look like

Postby ubersketch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:30 pm

anderscolingustafson wrote:I designed a 2d plant

2d plant.png

It has all it's leaves at the top where the light isn't blocked by other leaves. It absorbs liquid from it's top instead of through its roots as there isn't much if any liquid underground. The green circles are its ovaries. They are all on the outermost branches so that they can get to the ground instead of falling on other branches. The cyan circles inside it are fluid. Fluid moves through it in spheres so that it doesn't divide it in two. The roots it has are only to keep it planted in the ground and do not absorb fluid at all.

I susspecter you would be able to see the water and sugar vessels.
gwa
discord is spiritbackup#1797
ubersketch
Trionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions