The universe is 11 dimensions?

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

The universe is 11 dimensions?

Postby BillionNamesofGod » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:27 am

Still baffled why scientists don't accept the obvious that the universe is multi dimensional !

It solves all the problems, I thought this ted talk was rather good.

When you get be all the constants of physics by using higher dimensions, it all just makes sense!

http://einsteinsintuition.com/2013/thad-meets-ted/
BillionNamesofGod
Nullonian

Re: The universe is 11 dimensions?

Postby Secret » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:53 am

That a model can be used to describe all the problems does NOT mean the model represent reality

We still unable to tell apart indeterminacy that is fundamental vs apparent indeterminacy due to higher dimensional objects passing through our lower dimensional spacetime yet

Just as the multiverse can help solve a lot of issues in quantum mechanics, does not say anything on whether they really exist

It is up to the experiments to find out signs of their existence or nonexistence
Secret
Trionian

Postby gonegahgah » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:58 am

I also think it depends what you consider a dimension to be.
In my opinion a dimension is only a mathematical representation.
We don't for example have a dedicated x dimension, y dimension and z dimension. They are all interchangeable or rotatable around each other.
So for me anything that helps us to represent reality is a dimension.
Following that simple principle, gravity becomes a dimension as it certainly affects our calculations.
Then you can also add things like SR & GR if they make the calculations more correct.
Unfortunately - I personally believe will be the case for science - the biggest problem is that there is spin involved and this creates a lot of awkward mathematically unsolveable results.
Science for example has generally mathematically treated particles (and even black holes) as points which makes it less useful as a tool for real world results.
But, that's all my opinion...

Though it is interesting to see that scientists have recently seemed to steal my idea on our universe - which I regard as our near universe - as actually producing both a matter and anti-matter universe simultaneously.
Their speculation that the anti-matter universe is somehow running backwards in time stems out of previous nonsense they developed by changing a plus sign to a minus sign. Not good math or science!
gonegahgah
Tetronian

Postby ICN5D » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:45 am

I often thought about how all those dimensionless constants might fit into a geometric shape in some way. You know, all the pure ratios that don't need a unit system. They seem fundamental enough to be part of single entity. The equation for such a shape would end up being the grand unified field theory. Or, maybe some part of it, which could geometrically unite and derive those constants of nature. Perhaps a shape that exists in E8.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Postby PatrickPowers » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:30 am

BillionNamesofGod wrote:Still baffled why scientists don't accept the obvious that the universe is multi dimensional !

It solves all the problems, I thought this ted talk was rather good.

When you get be all the constants of physics by using higher dimensions, it all just makes sense!

http://einsteinsintuition.com/2013/thad-meets-ted/

I spent an hour researching this. The lecturer, Thad Roberts, served eight years in prison for theft, during which he came up with his "theory." It is pure intuition, no math.

His eleven dimensions have nothing to do with the eleven dimensions of string theory.

He has that list of 30 constants of nature that he claims his theory predicts, but we are shown nothing of the theory. It IS kind of cool that all of those constants come from seven basic constants, but none of the seven constants are original to him. He says that one of the constants comes from his theory, but it is actually the square root of the fine structure constant.

All and all, it seems to be inspired by 19th century physics, specifically the model used by Maxwell and the vortex theories of Lord Kelvin. He throws in fractals and superfluids, which weren't known back then. There might be something there, but he evidently can't get the numbers to work out. On the other hand, his crackpot ideas are remarkably similar to mine! But I don't foist my shenanigans on anyone.

---

If you are interested in the eleven dimensions of string theory I would highly recommend Shing-Tung Yau's book The Shape of Inner Space. Things I learned: Yau started out as a juvenile delinquent until he got into math, in which he progressed very rapidly. He got interested in solutions to Einstein's general relativity in higher dimensions. He solved this problem for spaces with complex dimensions. Yau became famous when this turned out to be what the string theorists needed. Yau is now a professor at Harvard.

It is believed that there are eleven dimensions in string theory, but everyone works with ten because eleven is too hard. They tack on a tiny Yau space with 3 complex dimensions. which are reported in the popular press as 6 dimensions. The 3+1 dimensions of normal space plus 6 dimensions =10 dimensions, which is the best they can do so far.

The Yau spaces are tiny in order to explain why no matter or energy from our universe goes into these dimensions. Too small. They are small in the sense that they are extremely curved. Anything inside going in a straight line very soon ends up back where it started. They are so small that any quanta able to get in there would have an extremely short wave length, which means extremely high energy.
PatrickPowers
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions