My 4d Equation for Gravity

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

My 4d Equation for Gravity

Postby anderscolingustafson » Fri May 23, 2014 9:52 pm

I was thinking about how to prevent Gravity in 4d from decreasing with the cube of the distance and I was thinking that one way to slow down the rate that Gravity in 4d decreases with distance could be to use summations.

The equation I came up with is

4d Gravity.png
4d Gravity.png (7.39 KiB) Viewed 7416 times

F=Force, r=distance between the central parts of two fundamental particles, M1, and M2 are the masses of central parts of two fundamental particles, G is a constant that controls the strength of the Gravitational Force, and a controls the radius of the central part of the fundamental particles.

My idea is for each fundamental particle to be composed of an infinite number of groups of concentric hyperspheres. Each concentric hypersphere would have mass. The concentric hyperspheres in each group of hyperspheres would have a different density from the concentric hyperspheres in the other groups of concentric hyperspheres. Each concentric hypersphere would have the same density as the other concentric hyperspheres in its group of concentric hyperspheres.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Re: My 4d Equation for Gravity

Postby ICN5D » Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Well, that's certainly a pretty huge equation. And, it's not very elegant. I'm sure you've noticed by now, that all widely accepted equations that work out very well are simple and elegant, like e=mc2. For those huge equations that do exist, they simplify by adding more parameters, i.e. dimensions, to them. Perhaps this equation, or what it represents, has a simpler layout, or can manifest what you're thinking in a more condensed format. What are the concentric hyperspheres attempting to remedy? I understand it's supposed to smooth out the rapid drop in gravity force, but exactly how are they supposed to do that? Does each shell have its own field, and these depreciate with distance ? Once you get outside the concentric stacking, the 4D rapid drop will still occur. Do the shells continue outward indefinitely, and drop mass with respect to 3D gravity?
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Postby anderscolingustafson » Sun May 25, 2014 3:24 am

Yes each shell has its own gravitational field. The shells do extend outward infinitely which is why I use an infinite summation. It isn't the mass of the shells that drops off with respect to 3d Gravity but the density. The central hypersphere of a particle could interact gravitationally with both the central hypersphere of another particle and the shells of mass but the shells could only interact gravitationally with the central hypersphere of another particle. The shells of mass for a particle would not interact gravitationally with the shells of mass for another particle.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Postby ICN5D » Wed May 28, 2014 5:49 pm

The shells of mass for a particle would not interact gravitationally with the shells of mass for another particle.

Is that reflected in the function, or is that an assumption we have to make, in order for the particle system to work?
ICN5D
Pentonian

Postby anderscolingustafson » Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 pm

That's an assumption we have to make in order for the particle system to work.
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Postby ICN5D » Wed May 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Well then, I guess this begins phase two for your equation! The next step would be to squash these assumptions, and integrate this freshly described property into the existing function. Only then can we continue the theoretical application, until we find another assumption. Another field of research would be to explore the end result of having these hypersphere shells extend outward infinitely. This could lead to quantum tunneling and 'spooky action at a distance'. If a particle extends to another particle, and this other one extends to the first, then we have a connection. How does this effect the particles before they even had time to interact in collision?
ICN5D
Pentonian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions