2d Clothing

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

2d Clothing

Postby anderscolingustafson » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:21 am

One of the problems with clothing in 2d is that because it would be a line whether than a surface it would come off more easily than clothing in 3d. If a Dionian simply put on some clothing like a trionian the clothing would just fall off as nothing would be holding it up. How would clothing work in 2d?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Re: 2d Clothing

Postby ICN5D » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:03 am

Well, it would have to be A: an stretchy one-piece suit, or B: a zip together one-piece. Or, all of the fabric would have to be sticky, if they don't want it falling off. Even if holes were made for limbs, this would cut the 1-D clothing in pieces. Similar constraint in a 2D digestive tract: it would have to be an interlocking jigsaw puzzle piece, otherwise a 2D'er would fly apart, leaving a trail of yuckiness. Which is kind of gross, now that I think about it....
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Re: 2d Clothing

Postby wendy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:19 am

They prolly don't wear clothes. Animals in 3d don't wear clothes, and Poundstone (the Planiverse), does not discuss the matter.
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions