Multi-multiverse

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Multi-multiverse

Postby CollIB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:25 am

I'm not sure it was mentioned before, but today I realized something new (new for me). Assume, M theory is right, so we have 10 spatial dimensions, and there can be a lot of 3-branes or higher n-branes floating in the 11 dimensional spacetime, so some multiverse theories may be possible. But one more thing, these spaces, or n-spaces are only work with only 10 axes, which are all perpendicular to each other. But, mathematically there is countable infinite number of geometrical axes, which are perpendicular to every other single axis, so these already multiverses, are just a set of 10 from the infinite number of perpendicular axes. Each "10-axis set" is an individual unit (lets call it this way). So, there is something interesting, if we think something like travelling to another multiverse. This multiverse can be in our unit, but it can be outside of our unit. So if we don't switch mathematically axes, just travelling to another 3-brane we will stay in our unit. If we switch our axes to some other axes which is presented in our unit, we will still stay in our unit. If we switch axes to some other, than the 10 of our unit, we will be in another unit. Maybe there is something common in all axes inside one unit among the perpendicularism, and the other interesting thing is, that if this is really the reality, then there is not only a few multiverses, or branes are "near" us (I mean like the distance of the curled up extra dimensions in our unit), but from the outside of our unit, there is infinite of them.

Another thing, I was wondering the exact cause of our limited visual abilities, why we can't really imagine anything, which is perpendicular to our space. Of course, dimension n+1 have almost infinite more information (even quantized), so I don't mean imaging a tesseract or anything. Simple, 4 axes which are perpendicular, or 3 axes, and only one point, to eliminate the previous information problem. I thought of the first thing, mentioned before, that there is infinite number of these "W" axes, which we need to imagine. Of course, we need only one to make the visualization, but I fail every time, no matter how much I degrade the 4-space. I see a possibility, that if someone can think, and visualize a 4-space (or a perpendicular axis to our 3 space), can visualize then any axis perpendicular to these, just by learning the method he used for the first one. I thought many things, it is phisically, or biological impossible for us, or it is ... mathematically?
CollIB
Mononian

Re: Multi-multiverse

Postby wendy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 am

Visualising higher dimensions is a learnt thing, rather like converting 2d images into solid objects. These are things in the brain, which we can see through things like autism, is not a singular process but several things learnt. One notes that people not used to 2d pictures can not interpret them, and even depth of perception is something that must be learnt. I had a dreadful time with a different set of glasses which made things appear a tad further than they really were. You reach for something and find it before you have seen that distance.

You can quite easily master four dimensions. It really isn't hard. I was doing this many years ago. The usual proecess is to look at pictures and maps, (things fall in pictures, but not on maps), and then extend a dimension here or there: a 4d picture occupies all the points of 3d.

There is no room to be Riki Tiki Tava here. You just can't run outside and look. You have to make your own world. Mathematics helps, so does dimensional analogy. Some things have dimensions (eg a road is a path from A to B is a line), and other things are 'equal-signs' (the equation x=2 makes a line in 2D, or a 2D space in 3D, or 3D in 4D. A thing of 'two equal signs' is N-2 dimensions.

You have to carefully think of what a thing does. A sword cuts things into two, with a sweep over time. Divisions of space are equal signs, so you have one equal sign for the sweep of time, and one equal sign to lead the cut, so you have two equal signs: therefore a sword in 4D has 4-2 = 2 dimensional blade, in six dimensions, a 6-2 = 4 dimensios.

For us gravity (height) and time (motion) provide some dimensions. What's left is across. We walk around on the bottom of an ocean of air, so our world maps are 2D. A line is one equal sign in 2D, so we have to cross roads. In four dimensions, the bottom of the ocean of air is 3D, and the road is now 2 equal signs: you don't need to get 'across' the road, in exactly the same way that you don't 'cross' a lamp post in 3D.

And so on.
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Re: Multi-multiverse

Postby CollIB » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:54 pm

wendy wrote:You can quite easily master four dimensions. It really isn't hard. I was doing this many years ago. The usual proecess is to look at pictures and maps, (things fall in pictures, but not on maps), and then extend a dimension here or there: a 4d picture occupies all the points of 3d.

You mean, by replacing Z axis with W axis? I know these methods, and these helps to describe a lot of things, we can't properly visualize.

wendy wrote:You just can't run outside and look.

Well, I actually can, with the analogy. The 3D space can be imagined from an outer angle, but only with the human eye. I can imagine what would it look like, if I tilt my head, or I'm dragged on the W axis. I'm going to make a photorealistic picture of it (I'm making a small article on my site).

I think the exact thing, that someone really can visualize 1 point in 4 space, not with the analogy, but that he can really see the entire system in his mind.
CollIB
Mononian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions