Mirrors and the Fourth Dimension

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Mirrors and the Fourth Dimension

Postby illyana » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 am

Not to spam the wall with posts tonight, but this is my final thought on the fourth dimension that I would like some feedback on. Mirrors seem to be one of the ways that we can envision the fourth dimension. Such as when an object is taken from the 3D world, rotated through the fourth dimension, and reinserted in the 3D world in its mirror image. Now, there are countless stories I've read of "paranormal" events happening concerning mirrors. Some stories are of seeing faces in the reflection and turning around and having nothing there. Some cultures cover mirrors with blankets after a loved one has died, to keep their "soul" from becoming trapped. Some people claim to use mirrors to speak to the dead. Who knows what is actually true about any of this, but the point is that there are so many stories concerning the paranormal and mirrors that they couldn't all just be people who are bored and making things up. And these stories date back to the Egyptians and possibly before. It seems to have always been a way for people to reach beyond their existence and see into another "dimension." Is it a coincidence that objects from the 3D world can come back from the fourth dimension as a mirror image of themselves? Another thought to ponder is this. When you take two mirrors and have them face each other, it creates a long tunnel reflection that goes on for infinity if the mirrors are exactly parallel and flawless in design. Could such a thing open up a portal through which we could enter the fourth dimension? Perhaps a place where, when people leave their bodies (such as death, or astral projection) could get trapped and try to reenter our world through the use of mirrors? There have also been stories of people who set up mirrors like this and try to call the dead or talk to spirits. While this is hardly scientific, there is always a scientific explanation for everything "weird" that happens. Perhaps this could also go along with my parallel worlds thought that I posted earlier. If we entered the fourth dimension through astral projection and a mirror, got rotated in 4D space, and came back on the other side of the reflection, it wouldn't be a reversed reflection anymore since we were rotated once in the fourth dimension and once in the reflection, setting us at neutral again. Could that theoretically put us in one of the different "layers" of 3D space that exists in the fourth dimension? I know this is a confusing concept and it's very hard to put this thought in words. But I would like some feedback on this idea if it hasn't been too confusing.
illyana
Nullonian

Re: Mirrors and the Fourth Dimension

Postby rr6 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Mirrors have to do with reflection of visible light--- visibl to naked eye ---and that is a relatively narrow band of frequencies of radiation between 480 nano-meters and 780 nano-meters, approximately.

If we consider clear glass or water,then we go beyond the angles of reflection and get into angles of refraction, if I recall correctly.

Richard Feynman states in his book QED, forget what anybody tells you about photons as waves, because they only appear to us as [ finite quantum ] particles.

The Vector Equlibrium aka cubo-octahedron, is a 3D polyhedron that via its jitterbugging transformations, wil infold to Euclidean, triangulary expressed EM set of two sine-waves.

The VE/cubo-octahedron is unique polyhedron, in that its vectorial lines-of-chordal and radial relationship have equal values as well as being of the same number sets i.e. when constructed from 4 planes of paper or whatever medium, there is 24 chords and 24 radials.

These 4 planes are unique also, only if we consider the Euclidean polyhedron in spherical phases i.e. when we have spherical VE/cubo-octahedron, the outer surface area is equal to the surface area of the 4 great circle planes that define the VE.

This is reminiscent of a black hole's surface-area, event-horizon, that is believed to express all of the information contained within the black hole.

These 4 planes are in 60 degree coordination and if expanded outward away from each other, will at some place, define the four surface planes of tetrahedron. The tetrahedron being the minimal 3D polyhedral set of Universe.

60 degree coordination is three fundamental angles of and equilateral( regular ) triangle and total to 180.

There exists 18 kinds of quarks and 18 kinds of anti-quarks in Universe. 180 / 10 = 18

180 / 36 = 5

The asymmetrical VE/cubo-octahedron has 4-fold rotational symmetry

The regular/symmetrical icosahedron has a 5-fold( phi-based ) roatational symmetry.

The 5/phi-fold ico. has and associated 31 equaltorial/bisecting great planes, and 10 of those define potentially 5 overlapping sets VE's, altho only one or at best two VE sets--- because two VE requires 8 GrCPP's ---at a time.

There is much more to this story as we delve deeper into it. Another time perhaps.

R6
Our conscious existence as reality, along with the conscious comprehension of the existence of a greater finite physical/energetic Universe as reality, is the greatest illusion of reality via those conscious experiences and the associated dreams and recalling of those experiences.
rr6
Dionian

Re: Mirrors and the Fourth Dimension

Postby Hugh » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

illyana wrote:If we entered the fourth dimension through astral projection and a mirror, got rotated in 4D space, and came back on the other side of the reflection, it wouldn't be a reversed reflection anymore since we were rotated once in the fourth dimension and once in the reflection, setting us at neutral again. Could that theoretically put us in one of the different "layers" of 3D space that exists in the fourth dimension? I know this is a confusing concept and it's very hard to put this thought in words. But I would like some feedback on this idea if it hasn't been too confusing.

This is exactly the experience I have with Visual Reorientation Illusions (VRIs), and my possible explanation as to how they are related to possible 4D space.

When one does a 180 degree VRI rotation into a double mirror reflection, you end up on the "other side" of the double mirror reflection, completely rotated around, along with the orientation of the room and universe you were "just in". With you and the universe rotated together, you just notice a change of orientation while in that other 3D slice viewpoint of the possible 4D space.

Here's a link to this idea on another forum:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82537&st=75#entry3163796
Hugh
Tetronian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions