Astral Projection/Fourth Dimension

Ideas about how a world with more than three spatial dimensions would work - what laws of physics would be needed, how things would be built, how people would do things and so on.

Astral Projection/Fourth Dimension

Postby illyana » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:19 am

I've heard numerous people toy with this idea, but no one seemed to nail it on the head. If the fourth dimension holds an extra set of directions (ana/kata) could that signify "in/out"? Such as, in and out of a 3d world. A "right angle" to our three dimensional existence. Wouldn't we have the ability to "lift" ourselves out of the 3D world just as A Square did in flatland? Also, if you look at a model of a tessaract set in motion, it does give the impression as its rotating that it is moving "in and out." It is said that if an object were to enter the fourth dimension, it could be rotated in such a way that it would reappear in the 3D world in its mirror image, something that couldn't happen in the third dimension. In order to do that, in a sense, you have to turn it inside out. To go along with this thought, any transfer from a lower dimension seems to follow a similar guideline. Such as Flatland, without "left and right" they are subject to be stuck in their 2D world for their entire existence. But add "left and right" and they are able to enter the 3D world, such as when the Sphere pulled A Square from his home. So back on the thought of astral projection, who is to say that's not a method of reaching the fourth dimension? Now I know there are a lot of crazy stories out there of people who say they can do this, and I'm not saying they are all true, but it is something to think about. If we step out of our 3D world, we would enter the fourth dimension. Take a right turn from the 3D, and there you are. Move "in/out" and you're astral projecting. Anyone have any thoughts?
illyana
Nullonian

Re: Astral Projection/Fourth Dimension

Postby Keiji » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm

The trouble with going from 3D to 4D - like going from any dimension to the next one higher - is that 3D is just too thin.

Let's assume that we can, somehow, "push" ourselves into the fourth dimension. First of all, our eyes would be pointing the wrong way, so we'd now be seeing an entirely different image than what we did before. Our eyes would have to magically "grow" a fourth dimension themselves to function properly - just like the rest of our body.

Again, if we kept our 3D body - which is infinitely flat in 4D mind you - we'd be so thin we'd cut ourself up. If we bent even slightly into the fourth dimension, and then touched ourself, or anything else from our 3D world for that matter, chances are the angles would not be aligned correctly any more and our infinitely thin body would act like a knife.

If we turned around 180 degrees in the fourth dimension, we'd not only be our mirror image, but so would all our atoms. This may even cause all our matter particles to turn into antimatter, annihilating us and our surroundings upon our return.

Remember, Flatland is just an analogy to help you understand the fourth dimension. If A. Square really existed and managed to escape into the third dimension, he'd have the same problems I've described above.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Prashantkrishnan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:56 am

Keiji wrote:
If we turned around 180 degrees in the fourth dimension, we'd not only be our mirror image, but so would all our atoms. This may even cause all our matter particles to turn into antimatter, annihilating us and our surroundings upon our return.

How can rotation invert charge?
People may consider as God the beings of finite higher dimensions,
though in truth, God has infinite dimensions
Prashantkrishnan
Trionian

Postby ICN5D » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:49 pm

A field of energy can be thought of as a wave, where strength is the height. Charge then becomes the direction the wave is pointing. Same direction waves repel. Opposite waves will attract, and cancel out with destructive interference, much like how opposite charges annihilate each other on contact. Assuming matter waves point "down" , antimatter would point "up". By flipping oneself in a higher dimension, this wave inversion would happen, as well as a mirror image reversal.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Postby Hugh » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Turning a 2D square in the 3rd dimension doesn't change the square itself, it's just looking at its surroundings from a different direction.

Turning a 3D cube in the 4th dimension doesn't change the cube itself, it's just looking at its surroundings from a different direction. :)
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby ICN5D » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm

In a geometric sense they don't change. Here, we're assuming the cube is made of matter, consisting of higher dimensional waves of energy. By rotating in higher dimensions, the wave direction would change, relative to 3D.
It is by will alone, I set my donuts in motion
ICN5D
Pentonian

Postby Prashantkrishnan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Another discussion about chirality, sense and point of view.

I would like to bring about a similar topic here. I feel that if I understood this properly I would understand better about the inversion of charge on rotation. We all know that a plane can be looked at from 2 "sides" in realmspace, though in flunespace (tetraspace), you can look at a plane from infinitely many directions. Suppose we look at an object in the ZX plane rotating anticlockwise when viewed from the positive side of the Y axis and clockwise when viewed from the negative side of the Y axis. How would it look from the positive side of the W axis? It is well known that any line on the WY plane which crosses the origin is normal to the ZX plane.

Also, when we see the example of War in 2D in the Intro section, we find that the people of Washtak face east when right way up and the people of Bick face west when right way up. This cannot be altered without rotation in 3 dimensions. So if the people of Washtak are made of matter, can we say that the people of Bick are made of antimatter? If so, the entire concept of war between them is different from what most people imagine it to be.

These are the most difficult and elusive points to understand while researching about higher or lower dimensions.
People may consider as God the beings of finite higher dimensions,
though in truth, God has infinite dimensions
Prashantkrishnan
Trionian

Return to Higher Spatial Dimensions