GeoGebra 3D and 4D models

Discussion of tapertopes, uniform polytopes, and other shapes with flat hypercells.

GeoGebra 3D and 4D models

Postby URL » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:11 am

I've been compiling a sort of library of polyhedra for quite some time now, and I've started to compile some polychora too. The latter collection is, at the moment, very, very incomplete, but my hope is to expand it over the next months, and hopefully make these figures accessible to people that can't afford Stella 4D.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nQZ-QVVBfgYSck4pkZ7he0djF82T9MVy

And here's what I can offer at time of writing.

3D:
    • All regular polyhedra
    • All Archimedean and Catalan solids
    • All nonprismatic uniforms and duals (other than the "infinite" duals)
    • Most uniform compounds
    • Some Johnson solids
    • Prisms, bypiramids, antiprisms, trapezohedra, cupolae and their duals, for bases of up to 12 sides
4D:
    • All convex regular polychora
    • 16 Archimedean hypersolids (with mostly the simpler ones missing)
URL
Dionian

Re: GeoGebra 3D and 4D models

Postby Mercurial, the Spectre » Fri May 01, 2020 10:17 am

URL wrote:I've been compiling a sort of library of polyhedra for quite some time now, and I've started to compile some polychora too. The latter collection is, at the moment, very, very incomplete, but my hope is to expand it over the next months, and hopefully make these figures accessible to people that can't afford Stella 4D.

Here's what I can offer at time of writing.

3D:
    • All regular polyhedra
    • All Archimedean and Catalan solids
    • All nonprismatic uniforms and duals (other than the "infinite" duals)
    • Most uniform compounds
    • Some Johnson solids
    • Prisms, bypiramids, antiprisms, trapezohedra, cupolae and their duals, for bases of up to 12 sides
4D:
    • All convex regular polychora
    • 16 Archimedean hypersolids (with mostly the simpler ones missing)
Last edited by Mercurial, the Spectre on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mercurial, the Spectre
Trionian

Re: GeoGebra 3D and 4D models

Postby URL » Fri May 01, 2020 2:32 pm

That’s a pretty cool collection too. I guess the difference is that I implemented 4D rotations directly, instead of making a file for every viewpoint of interest.
I'm building a library of polyhedra and polychora: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1nQZ-QVVBfgYSck4pkZ7he0djF82T9MVy
URL
Dionian

Return to Other Polytopes