The Stott 'expand' operator.

Discussion of tapertopes, uniform polytopes, and other shapes with flat hypercells.

The Stott 'expand' operator.

Postby wendy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 am

Nothing fancy, but my drawing gadget (a livescribe pen), came today, so i got it out to do what it does.

It shows a cube, being pumped up. The faces move outward, and new faces are formed by the 'rubber lining'. From this, in 1977, did i glark that this happened everywhere, giving rise to the 'prism-circuit', and later 'runcinated'.

I usually hold that runcinated and cantellated ought be swapped, because this would aline 'runcinate' rr with rectified rectate r.r, rather than making the rectified rectate connect to the cantellate.
Attachments
expand.png
The cube has a run-in with a bicycle pump.
expand.png (11.93 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Uniform Pyritohedra.

Postby wendy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:21 am

Still playing with my toy. Doing the drawings take a while, sort of like quickfur's renders, but these are done by hand. Moreover, i can highlight the bits i want, to give people who want to make fancy wiki pages see what is demanded.

Here is a picture that lives in my little "brag book" (it's usually a purse-size photo album that you can put piccies of the kids or rellies' kids). I use six by four blank filing cards, wich fit a treat.

It shows the uniform polyhedra having pyritohedral symmetry. The dotted lines are '%' lines, which are swallowed by co-planar faces. The two at the bottom show the version of the truncated cube, against 4*2 and 3*3.
Attachments
pyritohedral.png
The Uniform Pyritohedra.
pyritohedral.png (52.57 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Return to Other Polytopes