Quickfur's renders

Discussion of tapertopes, uniform polytopes, and other shapes with flat hypercells.

Re: Quickfur's renders

Postby quickfur » Tue May 01, 2018 8:10 pm

This month's Polytope of the Month is the runcinated snub 24-cell:

Nothing new here, but this is the last of the known scaliform polychora on my website, so it seems like a natural thing to follow after spidrox. Some of my favorite renders:

(showing the pyritohedral symmetry of the cupolae)

(showing the cells that lie on the projection envelope).
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby username5243 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

quickfur wrote:Nothing new here, but this is the last of the known scaliform polychora on my website, so it seems like a natural thing to follow after spidrox.

Actually, there's one more convex scaliform polytope you haven't posted yet - tutcup (truncated tetrahedral cupolipirsm), which has 2 truncated tetrahedra, 6 tetrahedra, and 8 triangular cupolae. It is a segmentotope whose bases are two oppositely oriented truncated tetrahedra.
username5243
Dionian

Postby quickfur » Tue May 01, 2018 11:40 pm

username5243 wrote:
quickfur wrote:Nothing new here, but this is the last of the known scaliform polychora on my website, so it seems like a natural thing to follow after spidrox.

Actually, there's one more convex scaliform polytope you haven't posted yet - tutcup (truncated tetrahedral cupolipirsm), which has 2 truncated tetrahedra, 6 tetrahedra, and 8 triangular cupolae. It is a segmentotope whose bases are two oppositely oriented truncated tetrahedra.

Ooh! Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to post that next month! :lol: :nod:

Are all of the convex scaliforms already known? Or are these only the currently-known ones?
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby Mercurial, the Spectre » Fri May 11, 2018 5:01 pm

quickfur wrote:
username5243 wrote:

Ooh! Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to post that next month! :lol: :nod:

Are all of the convex scaliforms already known? Or are these only the currently-known ones?

Definitely yes in 4D. They are related to a specific convex uniform polychoron (ex. tutcup-sircope, bidex-ex, and prissi-prico).
Hadean society is is a social democracy in which people, irrespective of their background, are entitled equal rights in which they all cooperate according to each others' needs.

Ilazhra! (Truth to everyone!)
Mercurial, the Spectre
Trionian

Postby quickfur » Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Not sure I understand. Are you saying we know all of them, or these are the only ones we know of? If the former, do we have proof that there are no others?
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby quickfur » Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 am

Anyways, in the meantime, I've been adding the Johnson solids to my website, and today came to J32, which is an EKF of the icosahedron. So I made an animation of it:

I know you guys have been asking for this for a long time... :oops: well I finally got round to it. :nod:
quickfur
Pentonian

Previous

Return to Other Polytopes