Taking a break for a month or so

Discussion of shapes with curves and holes in various dimensions.

Taking a break for a month or so

Postby PWrong » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm posting this in the Toratopes forum since it's the only one I regularly post in and people are more likely to see it.

I've been lagging behind with my first postdoc project, and pretty busy with applying for jobs and doing volunteer work the local Humanist society and the Freethought Student Alliance. I need to get some articles finished before I get a job, so that when I apply for a grant in 2016 I'll have some publications under my belt. I'm still keen to write one or two articles on toratopes, but those will take a lot more work than the other articles I'm working on about dynamical billiards. So I've decided that starting a few days from now, I should pause all the forum stuff until I've finished those articles, and then I'll focus all my maths time on writing those toratope articles. So you won't see me around until then, but you can message me on Facebook if you want to ask me anything. My Facebook URL is the same as my username here.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with regarding the mantis and the spider in that time, they look really exciting.
PWrong
Pentonian

Re: Taking a break for a month or so

Postby PWrong » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:37 am

Update: I've finally finished the first draft of a proof for my postdoc project. I'll be on holiday for two weeks while my supervisor is reading it, so when I get back I'll be back into a fortnightly cycle of editing a paper, then waiting for my supervisor to read it. So I'll be able to use every second week to work on toratopes. I've also replaced the job hunt with private tutoring, and the volunteer work is less busy. So in about three weeks time you'll hopefully start seeing me around again.
PWrong
Pentonian

Return to Toratopes