My TOE

Other scientific, philosophical, mathematical etc. topics go here.

My TOE

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 pm

When I was a (younger) kid, I had a Theory of Everything. I have since then thrown away this theory, since it is highly unlikely, but I thought I might post it anyway.

It has been an infinite amount of time since the Big Bang, therefore space is infinite as well. The Big Bing created an infinite number of planets with an infinite number of atmospheres. Basically, every possibility of everything in the Universe was created. On these planets, every possibility of combination of cells were created. The beings that were put together properly AND could live in a suitable environment longer than [insert a number] years lived evolved to live permanently in the environment and grew into beings. Humans are merely one of them, and humans are the only being on this particular planet that were given the ability to think logically and creatively.

Strange idea I had, huh? :)
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby jbronson » Thu May 10, 2007 9:56 pm

Ha! Im loving the acronym... TOE
How could you say you hear everything I say?... If your hearing only resides upon your knowledge. --Myself
jbronson
Dionian

Postby bo198214 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:12 am

And why are the humans the only ones capable of thinking logically and creatively?
Wouldnt by pure chance (in your TOE) races there which are 1000 times more intelligent than humans?
And what about non-cellular life? How can you know that it can not exist?
And what about non-carbon life? Silica has similar properties as carbon.
And what about more abstract life forms,
for example why can not form similar things as cells on the surface of a sun?
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Fri May 11, 2007 10:05 pm

bo198214 wrote:And why are the humans the only ones capable of thinking logically and creatively?
Wouldnt by pure chance (in your TOE) races there which are 1000 times more intelligent than humans?
And what about non-cellular life? How can you know that it can not exist?
And what about non-carbon life? Silica has similar properties as carbon.
And what about more abstract life forms,
for example why can not form similar things as cells on the surface of a sun?

When I said "Humans are the only ones who could think logically" I was referring to Earth, not the whole Universe.

And non-cellular life never occurred to me when I was 7, but yeah, that too.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby wendy » Sun May 13, 2007 8:09 am

There are plenty who would disagree that humans are the only ones possessed with logical thought. Logic has been observed in a number of animal species.
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Re: My TOE

Postby hosj » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 pm

Space isn't infinite, and the big bang was 13.7+ or- .11 billion years ago. That isn't really a TOE , which is a theory of quantum gravity. It is a boggling thought to think about the amazing number of world's out there.

Pretty impressive to think of that at age 7 though.
hosj
Mononian

Postby anderscolingustafson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:42 pm

wendy wrote:There are plenty who would disagree that humans are the only ones possessed with logical thought. Logic has been observed in a number of animal species.

That is true although humans do have the most complex brain of any known animal. Humans certainly can think in ways other animals probably can't. We can for instance think about how the universe came into existence and ask questions like, "Where did we come from?" "What is the purpose of life?" and "What happens after death?" We do basically the same things as other animals but in more complex ways. For instance many of our tools are some of the most complex tools in the animal kingdom even though other animals have tools. Also humans are probably the only animal that can really think about why they do what they do.

Perhaps Nick meant to say that humans were the most intelligent species.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
anderscolingustafson
Tetronian

Postby rr6 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

I recall my oldest concepts of Universe at aaround age 10. My friends and I were laying in field at night sky. I began to think of universe being inside of another much larger human, inside of another much larger human, etc....as tho we and the Earth were like a microbe inside universe etc....and who knew how far it goes, but that is almost always leads to infinite Universe scenarios.

Space is infinite but occupied space is finite. imho

Integrity is related to finite ergo specifically a finite system and/or structure. imho

Finite = limits = systemic and structural integrity. `imho

Fuller expresses ideas of macro-finite Universe, that is infinitely subdividing itself into ever smaller and smaller parts and that somehow leads to our view of and omni-directional--- like rasin bread ---expanding Universe. I don't believe so.

R6
Our conscious existence as reality, along with the conscious comprehension of the existence of a greater finite physical/energetic Universe as reality, is the greatest illusion of reality via those conscious experiences and the associated dreams and recalling of those experiences.
rr6
Dionian

Return to General