Here is a sticky one for ya,

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

Re: Here is a sticky one for ya,

Postby Sideshow » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 am

It's an interesting thought. Scientists are now trying to find if out-of-body experiences are real. They're putting shelves in ER rooms above eye level, and on the shelf they're placing a picture. Because the ER is where many out-of-body experiences are said to occur, they hope that if someone is busy floating around, they'll take a look at the picture. That way, they can tell us all about it if they decide to come back down. I'm interested to see if they prove anything.
Last edited by Sideshow on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sideshow
Dionian

Postby ParadoxJuice » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:27 am

You know, this reminds me, while having another, tottally unrelated conversation, it occured to me that there might be something protecting us from force in the 4thD. It could sheild us from wind moving ana, or maybe the universe has a very sharp bend ana and our body is made to not snap in half when that happens. We may never know for sure.
ParadoxJuice
Dionian

Postby Sideshow » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:30 am

Hmm. That's possible, namely because there's no way to disprove it. Do you think that the shield would lie in 4D space, or in 3D space, as kind of an atomic kevlar?
Sideshow
Dionian

Postby ParadoxJuice » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Sideshow wrote:Hmm. That's possible, namely because there's no way to disprove it. Do you think that the shield would lie in 4D space, or in 3D space, as kind of an atomic kevlar?

I thought of it as a 4D extension of our seemingly 3D bodies. Like a shell or something.
ParadoxJuice
Dionian

Postby A_Square » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:06 pm

There is a science fiction book where a 4D being gives this guy an eye in the 4th dimension so he can see around walls and suchlike. I've not read it yet but it's on my list.

As far as I am aware there aren't any phenomenon which are well explained by the idea of a 4th dimensional limb - so I wouldn't assume it until we discovered some kind of physical phenomena which suggested it.
A_Square
Mononian

Previous

Return to Consciousness