hmm

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

hmm

Postby themartuigan » Mon May 29, 2006 9:59 pm

some say that God is none
and some believe into his son
some say that this day one day will come to some;
but not when the sun of man is lost in love.
how can you say that there is no God
when with your 'mind' you can accomplish all odds
if you walk back into a wall
you'LL force your mind into a staLL
lost and confusion
never meant to see
what, of all, is the question
wont you ask of me?

i stand forth now to bring you peace;
from within your mind you can connect with me
' "knowledge is power" he said to me
and power is nothing compared to he '

when will you see the truth?
when you seek what you dont see.
and i beck and call upon your name
what god is and isnt today
i spit and shun your name
disgrace, i must, burden upon your face.

how'lt shal't tha'lt not believe
believe in seeing and you shaLL see
for people of thought were wrong to be
for god is a MAN; dont you see?

wisdom i stretch
the name to be
nothing of simple
is hard to see
in my mind i spake your hopes
wishfuL thoughts can come and go

' look upon the book of names
and in its story it does remain
another story, without a name '

look and ponder,
beyond the cover
between the lines,
are hidden numbers
follow wisdom; beck'on knowledge
for this day is today
when shal't i never miss
take in depth
the words of me
and look for peace
inside of thee.
themartuigan
Mononian

Postby Nick » Mon May 29, 2006 10:58 pm

I don't get it.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby themartuigan » Mon May 29, 2006 11:00 pm

then it does not concern you......

and i do want to apalogize if that hurts your feelings, it is not meant to.
themartuigan
Mononian

Postby Nick » Mon May 29, 2006 11:02 pm

themartuigan wrote:then it does not concern you......

and i do want to apalogize if that hurts your feelings, it is not meant to.

OK... don't worry, it takes a lot more than putting down my beliefs to hurt my feelings :). That is not sarcasm, by the way.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby themartuigan » Mon May 29, 2006 11:41 pm

when you say i put down your beliefs that makes my cringe inside because i dont want to have anything to do with harming the beliefs that you hoLd.
i believe that whoever wrote the bible was a genius. on the same lines as say leonardo da vinci, william shakespeare, and even edgar allan poe.
i believe in storys saying what they dont talk about and meaning what they dont say. I believe in a truth, but i belieVe that the truth is more then what the average assumption of the truth is. i believe that the truth is alive and living in our every day lives but hidden. i believe that the truth is that the truth is true but not true, because it is a diferent truth.
i believe that when peopLe say the bible holds all answers to all of lifes questions is not because people necissariLy need to believe in GOD and JeSUS and have faith to get these answers. but i believe that the answers are hidden among the WORDs AND LETTERs in ways that peopLe dont realize and can not see.
(i belive there are storys hidden inside of storys and i believe that some of these storys hold storys that have storys.)
once a person sees the truth they see it is so foolish to not have seen the truth before.
PreTTy much, what i am trying to get out there (right now) is that I need heLp. I am looking for somebody like me. somebody that sees everything diferently and sees more to everything then what is shown. somebody, that i can connect with and possibly even leaRn from and with. somebody that i can exchange very very secret and very WeLL hidden information with. and somebody that hoLd's (in a waY) some of the same information that i store. somebody i can possiBLy have debates with and exchange theorys with. i believe in many things and i see alot of stuff. i know what i didnt know i knew and i understand what most peopLe dont realiZe.
The way and what i write is more then just words in a poem formation, it is how i see things. everything rhymes (or poetic form) because
"EVERYTHING" goes together, such as a rhymes do.

I do (again) want to apalogize, sincerely. because i did not mean to, in any way, put down your beliefs. i am very glaD that you hoLd in your mind, your own belief. (and i hope that it is YouR own belief)

you have a truth and i have a truth but our truths are diferent. and even though our truths are diferent, both of our truths are true.
(i forgot who say'd this, and i fogot exactLy how it was said)

one thing is, though, that for me it is more then faith. it is truth that i posess. (and seek)
themartuigan
Mononian

Postby Nick » Tue May 30, 2006 7:11 pm

I see what you are saying now.

I am with you. You are not the only one to believe that there are stories within stories, or the only one to believe that all of our truths are one and the same, but that they are so hidden noone can see the similarities. You are not alone... at least, I am with you. However, I am too young and inexperienced to have any of the secrets that you speak of... so maybe you can help me.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby Hugh » Wed May 31, 2006 1:24 pm

Yes, feel free to post more. The rhymes are interesting, but sometimes one can get their point across much easier by just saying what they mean, rather than by hiding meanings in riddles.

I understand some of it, but other parts are harder to understand because I don't know exactly where you're coming from.

I like the end; "look for peace inside of thee." There are a lot of things we find when we look inside of ourselves. What we think, greatly influences what we experience in our lives. Ever read the book, As a Man Thinketh?
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby themartuigan » Wed May 31, 2006 10:28 pm

no i have never heard of 'as a man thinkith' but i did look it up. and i probably will check it out from the library. does it have anything to do with the sub-conscious mind?
themartuigan
Mononian

Postby Hugh » Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 pm

themartuigan wrote:does it have anything to do with the sub-conscious mind?

It focuses more on the conscious direction of thought, than the subconscious.

I put "As a Man Thinketh" into google (with quotes), and came up with lots of references. It's not a big book at all, more like several pages. I found several sites offering it for free actually, search around for the easiest one. Enjoy!
Hugh
Tetronian

Postby Keiji » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:14 pm

I removed the flames from this topic. Don't do it again darthbadass.
Keiji
Administrator

Postby Nick » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:23 pm

Darthbadass, religion is not something you mock. Post deleted.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby WalkingEagle » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:35 pm

Remember something....

The bible was written by many individuals of the ancient Hebrews. Some writtings are even lost because of periods of being conquered, attacked, diasporas, enslavement, etc. etc. The bible isn't a complete work and many hands of that particular people went into writing it. Including the new Testament.

Just like the Sankrit writings are by many hands of that culture. Written over the long centuries until those people stopped writing. To this day only a small portion has been interpreted.

The writings of the Americas is lost to us as well because of invasion and destruction and slavery. What we know of ancient American knowledge is only a fragment. They too were GREAT mathematicians.
What is existence?

WHO called it up?
WalkingEagle
Mononian

Postby papernuke » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:16 pm

what are you talking about? all i got was the 1st line
"Civilization is a race between education and catastrophe."
-H.G. Wells
papernuke
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:54 pm

I like this poem. But it is too harsh on Atheists/nonbelievers. It does not explain their ideals at all. Some are as described in the poem and some arent.
gerren
Trionian

Re: hmm

Postby wehavemoreltd » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:09 am

people are people. no matter what color, but there are different types of people, and whatever happens to that person , makes that person believe what they believe. so theres not much to say, only you have the right and freedonm to think whatever you like and dont worry about anyone else , for what happens to you does not happens to them, and maybe never will! so they will never agree , no matter what they are told , until it happens , and dont want it to happen so they never think about it to themselves to see what just happened !
wehavemoreltd
Mononian

Return to Consciousness