Are we the fourth dimension?

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

Are we the fourth dimension?

Postby noodle » Mon May 15, 2006 4:34 am

Just a wacky idea :D

If a fourth dimensional being can "see" (the word "experience" seems more accurate) our entire realm at once from all angles, wouldn't that imply that all realmic things are soley comrised of the "tetrabeing"?

For the tetrabeing to experience our universe from the 4-d perspective, it would have to be infintely small (experiencing the particles that make up our realm from the inside-out, experiencing the particles that make up the particles, ect) and at the same time it would have to be at least as big as our realm.

The tetrabeing would be everything that has ever happened in all inferior dimensions. If higher dimensions are considered, the same would apply.
noodle
Nullonian

Postby Nick » Mon May 15, 2006 10:31 am

I disagree with extra dimensions being small. Imagine that a cube is the universe... if there was a 2d universe within the cube, it would only be one face of the cube. The 2d beings would live their lives, without ever realizing that there is an entire 3d universe to the right and to the left of them.

I believe that if the universe had multiple dimensions (say, 4), than our universe would be a 3d part of it, and the other dimensions are "out there". We would never be able to see them.
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm

For the tetrabeing to experience our universe from the 4-d perspective, it would have to be infintely small (experiencing the particles that make up our realm from the inside-out, experiencing the particles that make up the particles, ect) and at the same time it would have to be at least as big as our realm.

You could experience a 2D universe from a 3D perspective, right? Are you infinitely small or infinitely large? Try reading the introduction to tetraspace again, you might understand it better.

I disagree with extra dimensions being small.

They could be any size. Instead of a cube, what if you had a very thin rectangular prism?
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby bo198214 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:41 pm

ahm ...

is there any connection between the first post of noodle and the second post of irockyou in this thread?

Anyway, what the curled up extra dimensions of physics regards, they have to be small, otherwise we would realize them in our normal world. We simply dont notice if our body shifts about half a planck-length in a nth dimension.
bo198214
Tetronian

Return to Consciousness