Is god in 4D?

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

Is there a god? is he 4D?

No, there is no god
38%
Yes, there is a god, but he is 3D
3%
Yes there is a god, and he is 4D
21%
Maybe
38%

Total votes : 34

Postby WalkingEagle » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:26 pm

What makes us think that this "fourth dimensional" hyperintelligence even spoke to humans?

If it did what was the message?

:?:
What is existence?

WHO called it up?
WalkingEagle
Mononian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:09 am

it would make sense for God to be in 4D because in the bible the prophets said that he is not of this universe(or of this dimension). THat would also make sense of his ability to surf time and be in the past, present, and future in the same time i.e. his ability to see the future. Also this would explain his powers over the third dimension
gerren
Trionian

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 am

The fourth dimension has nothing to do with time :roll:
I am the Nick formerly known as irockyou.
postcount++;
"All evidence of truth comes only from the senses" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nick
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:06 am

of course the fourth dimension has everything to do with time. this website mainly deals with the structure and how u would c things in the fourth dimension, but as far as its properties of time and space which can be altered they are great.
gerren
Trionian

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:10 am

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of this website, gerren.

The fourth dimension is an axis perpendicular to the three axes we have in our own existence, another vector space, if you will. The fourth dimension deals with spatial relationships, and has absolutely nothing to do with time.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:37 am

i havnt misunderstood the purpose of the website. i am taking the purpose of this website, applying it to religion, and taking this debate to a higher level by applying outside resources to it
gerren
Trionian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:45 am

this website has many flaws. it only examines the bible, God, and what humans expect of him as well as what they only want of him. God gives YOU the choice to accept him and be with him for eternity, or to reject him and go to hell. God is not bound by time, He is not bound by anything for that matter. This website has it all wrong and is ********. I hav a bedtime and hav 2 get up for school tomorrow so i will hav to giv mor reasons about why this website is wrong tomorrow. (excuse the shorthand plz)
gerren
Trionian

Postby bo198214 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:41 am

This website's original intent was to discuss four dimensionality with scientific regard. The religous discussions are only a byproduct. So take care with generalizations like "this website is ..."! (And also take care in general with blind faith ;) )
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:25 am

it would make sense for God to be in 4D because in the bible the prophets said that he is not of this universe(or of this dimension).

Really? Where does it say that?

this website has many flaws. it only examines the bible, God, and what humans expect of him as well as what they only want of him.

It never examines any of these things. It's not a religious forum.

God gives YOU the choice to accept him and be with him for eternity, or to reject him and go to hell.

Really? That's not what He told me.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:34 pm

[/quote]Really? That's not what He told me.[quote]

I said that God gives you the chance to reject him or to accept him. I have no idea how you came up with the idea that he told you something.

read the bible. or at least examine what its purpose is as well as some ample evidence in it. Also, i did not mean to say that this website itself has many flaws, but the website "irockyou" posted on this forum has many flaws. the fourth dimension is dimension that was thought about by physicists who had too much time on their hands, really. but it is a valid idea, no doubt about that
Last edited by gerren on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gerren
Trionian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:47 pm

wait hold on i posted that comment in the wrong forum. "irockyou" made an interesting forum relating to the subject of how God cannot exist and some well supported but lacking "evidence" about why he doesnt exist. Im sorry for that, but as i was saying, this is a really good website. I dont have blind faith, ill have you know "bo198214". I have been a christian, agnostic, and an atheist at different parts of my life (yeah thats right, all 14 years of it lol), so i have done my research on atheism and religion as well as their arguments. when choosing which i would like to be (atheist/Christian/agnostic), i look at both sides of the arguments with care and an open mind. im not some idiot who is just a christian because my mother told me to be one. Neither do i look at any other person who is an atheist and call them an idiot because they dont agree with me.
gerren
Trionian

Postby gerren » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:49 pm

It never examines any of these things. It's not a religious forum.
Actually, this is a religious forum. I think that you are trying to say that this is not a religious website
gerren
Trionian

Postby PWrong » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:00 pm

Really? That's not what He told me.

I said that God gives you the chance to reject him or to accept him. I have no idea how you came up with the idea that he told you something.

That was a joke. My point is that God didn't literally give you any choice, because he never said anything about it. All you have to go on is what people tell you, and they don't know either.

read the bible. or at least examine what its purpose is as well as some ample evidence in it.

I've read some of the bible, but there's nothing in it that could be called evidence.

I have been a christian, agnostic, and an atheist at different parts of my life (yeah thats right, all 14 years of it lol), so i have done my research on atheism and religion as well as their arguments.

Well, at least you have an open mind. I suspect you'll change your mind a few more times before you settle on a religion.

Actually, this is a religious forum. I think that you are trying to say that this is not a religious website

Yeah, ok. I was referring to the entire tetraspace forum, rather than this subforum.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby gerren » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:02 pm

Actually, many of the sayings and other things implied about God that you may hear from other people who may have heard it from someone else should not have attention paid to them. The only real things that I think that God has communicated to me are in the bible or other life experiences (although im not one of those people who thinks that just because I got an A in my hardest class mean that God is telling me to be a doctor)
gerren
Trionian

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:10 pm

The Bible contradicts itself and historical facts, and deals with supernatural actions that cannot be repeated or proved. I don't see how any part of it can be considered evidence.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:53 pm

Well im sorry if i used the wrong word. Its a historical document written by man and more of an account of the supernatural and natural. The events can be repeated if God wants them to.
gerren
Trionian

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:30 am

gerren wrote:Well im sorry if i used the wrong word. Its a historical document written by man and more of an account of the supernatural and natural. The events can be repeated if God wants them to.

If it's written by man, then you know that it is possible God doesn't exist. You know for a fact that God could simply be a character in a story, added by the authors to show justice for their actions, added by kings and despots to gain power over their people. If the Bible might not be true, why are you so stern on believing in God? Science has proved that the Universe can exist without a God.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby bo198214 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:57 pm

@gerren: oh sorry, I misunderstood which website you meant.

Science has proved that the niverse can exist without a God.

*lol* what has science proved? Gimme some references!
God is not the subject of science, so how will science prove something about it?!
bo198214
Tetronian

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:12 am

Science can prove if something is possible or not, and it has. The Big Bang and Evolution do not require a creator, and both can result in the outcome of Earth and its history.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby houserichichi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:19 pm

That doesn't prove a god didn't do it though. Science can never prove gods don't exist because science measures and describes natural phenomena. Gods are not natural therefore science does not even attempt to describe or measure them. They could or could not exist but science follows the same pattern regardless.
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby PWrong » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:01 pm

Gods are not natural therefore science does not even attempt to describe or measure them.

It depends what you mean by natural. If gods do exist and are part of the universe, what's unnatural about them?

If science proved that the universe was inevitable, then God couldn't have created the universe, because it would have happened anyway.
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby Nick » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:51 pm

houserichichi wrote:That doesn't prove a god didn't do it though. Science can never prove gods don't exist because science measures and describes natural phenomena. Gods are not natural therefore science does not even attempt to describe or measure them. They could or could not exist but science follows the same pattern regardless.

Did I ever say that god could be disproven?
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby houserichichi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:47 pm

Science doesn't prove anything, science suggests things based on empirical evidence and the theory follows suit. If the theory comes first then the experiments that ensue must be in line with them, but as a scientists one's mind must be open to the possibility that some counterexample can be found and the theory would have to be reworked. There is no such thing as certainty in science, just extremely high probabilities. (Taken in context, of course..."if" a theory is "correct" then some details are "certain", but the fact remains that no scientific theory is ever "correct" in the binary sense of the word.)

As for gods being natural, well no, they could still exist beyond our universe (as predicted by my own interpretation of the one and only holy book I've had a chance to gander through). If that's the case then no, gods exist beyond the "natural" world just as though alternate universes, extra-visible universe, and any of the myriad of other places where the physical laws (reality) might not hold. We don't know, nobody knows.

I still side that there is no god and never was, but that's just to taste.
houserichichi
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:40 am

I totally agree with richi on his topic (except the atheist gig), but how can there not be a God? The reason I have chosen Christianity for a religion is because of the things in the bible that have been taught by prophets, Jesus, and such, and it seems to be a very genuine religion that has not died out, and gives good answers for its "time". Evolution can give you humans, no doubt, but it is very likely that a God knew what he was doing when he planned this out. The chances of you getting a self-replicating molecule such as RNA are very unlikely in an environment on earth 3.9-3.5 BYA. The chances of you getting a simple self-replicating molecule that you can find in natural environment are very high. There had to be a divine "essence", for the chances of one getting life from a complex molecule such as RNA that was built over millions of years is extremely unlikely. I have had my doubts about religion, but as far as knowing that there is a God, i have my foot down (although I was an atheist 2 days ago after reading about the miller experiments and such, but it was explained to me that although those organic molecules were needed for life, a complex self-replicating molecule that would start life couldnt be engineered by "chance" in any time near millions of years, if at all)
gerren
Trionian

Postby PWrong » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:38 am

how can there not be a God?

Here's a little thought experiment. Try to imagine what the world would be like if it had happened without God. Forget about whether it's possible, just think about the differences between a world with God and a world without one. Now imagine the world if Allah was the true God, or Zeus, or the FSM. Would that change anything? You'd still have christians, muslims and pastafarians, but Zeus still wouldn't have any worshippers, no matter who was right. You'll find that the universe would be exactly the same regardless of how it got here.

The reason I have chosen Christianity for a religion is because of the things in the bible that have been taught by prophets, Jesus, and such, and it seems to be a very genuine religion that has not died out, and gives good answers for its "time".

The ethics in the bible are outdated, and by todays standards immoral. If you're looking for a religion that has lasted a long time, why not try buddhism? It's much older, still very popular, requires less belief in miracles and supernatural stuff, and its ethics make more sense. Or even better, why not look at some modern philosophy?
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby gerren » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:22 am

Actually, people dont worship Zeus or any other "Gods" from other religions besides the Abrahamic ones because they are bound in this dimension. If they are bound in this dimension, then why cant we find them? We cant find them i.e. they dont exist. We worship our God because there is a greater chance due to the fact that he is not bound to this dimension/universe/time.
gerren
Trionian

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:51 am

People do worship other gods; buddhism, hinduism, daoism, rastafarianism, etc. Also, your God is also bound by this dimension. According to a Bible found buried (written over 500 years ago) he lives on the clouds. Even if we ignore this, I don't see where in the Bible it says that God is not bound by our dimension. Or by time. Or by Universe.
postcount++;

Nick
Tetronian

Postby gerren » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:57 am

Well i choose to stick to the widely used bible that says that God is not of this universe (are you sure that was a bible, because if so then it probably was a very small sect that is irrevlavent to christianity considering that the bible has its roots well into the BCE era
gerren
Trionian

Postby PWrong » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:39 am

Actually, people dont worship Zeus or any other "Gods" from other religions besides the Abrahamic ones because they are bound in this dimension.

People used to worship them. How do you know they're bound to this universe? Btw, you really should learn what a dimension is if you're going to stay at this forum.

I wasn't aware that any Bible used the word "universe".
PWrong
Pentonian

Postby PWrong » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:43 am

Actually, people dont worship Zeus or any other "Gods" from other religions besides the Abrahamic ones because they are bound in this dimension.

People used to worship them. How do you know they're bound to this universe? Btw, you really should learn what a dimension is if you're going to stay at this forum.

the widely used bible that says that God is not of this universe

I can't find the quote on bible gateway. Could you tell us where it says that?
PWrong
Pentonian

PreviousNext

Return to Consciousness