4D Gravitational Constant

Discussions about the possibility of consciousness, free will, spirits, deities, religions and so on, and how these might interact with time travel, the Big Bang, many worlds and so on.

4D Gravitational Constant

Postby Higher_Order » Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 am

Here's an interesting topic for discussion, 4D Gravity.

We all know "normal" gravity (G* (m1*m2/d^2)), where

G= Gravitational Constant (6.67*10^-11)
m1,m2 = two masses
d = distance

which changes to (G* (m1*m2/d^3)) in the 4th spacial dimension.

Here's my question (probably has a very simple answer) is the gravitational constant the same? I'm almost positive that it isn't, but then what is it?
Higher_Order
Dionian

Re: 4D Gravitational Constant

Postby gonegahgah » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:34 pm

To my mind the gravity and the gravitational constant along with it are related to volume.
So I would think that you would have to reduce the figure to one dimension and then enlarge it back up to the required number of dimensions.
I would do this by finding its cube root and then raising it to the power of four. ie.

G4D = (3√G3D)4.

Atoms would tend to pack themselves differently in 4D but I don't imagine this would affect the constant.
gonegahgah
Tetronian

Postby quickfur » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:29 pm

The value of the gravitional constant depends on the intrinsic strength of the gravitional force; it has nothing to do with how many dimensions it has. As far as I know, currently nobody yet knows what determines this value; it's one of the "magic constants" that physicists hope will one day be predicted by a unified theory of gravity.

The numerical value of this constant also depends on the units of measurement you're using, and I doubt you can simply carry over units of measurements across dimensions without some adjustment.
quickfur
Pentonian

Postby wendy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 am

The real trick for N dimensional study, is to regard mass and charge as effects of volume and surface respectively, and that the 'real' measures are the point densities. We can thus write M as mSL, and Q as qS, where m and q are the point densities, S is surface, and L as volume.

With M = mSL, you get force = M.a = mSL²/T², and energy as force.length, as m.SL³/T². Also, pressure is m.L²/T².

Likewise, we see charge Q = qS, voltage is mSL³/T² divide qS = mL³/qT².

For the greatest part, the variation in velocity is much less than between L, (eg ft/s, km/h, mph, m/s vary over a lesser range than inch, foot), so we put

L = vT. M = mvST F = mv²S, E = mv² SL, pressure = mv², charge = qS, voltage = Lmv²/q.

Putting these into eg F = G MM / R^(N-1). The value R^(N-1) is simply S, so we get mv²S = G mvST . mvST / S

We cancel everything out to get G = 1/mT² (in all dimensions, 1/G is (density) × time².

For the coulomb relation F = kQ² / S (where R.S = R^N), we get

mv²S = K. qS qS / S , mv² = q²K K = mv²/q² eg Pascals / (c/m²)².

Since we decided already that m, v, q are all point-functions, then K is also of the nature of a point function.

With G = 1/mT², the size of G does not vary by dimension, but is a function of time.

In fps units, we get 4 pi K = 1.0167E-9 (ft pdl sec/vb²), and G = 1.069E-9 ft³/lb s². Both of these values are near 1/c, so

4 pi Kc = 1 (exactly), and c G = 1.05144 ft^4 / lb s³.
The dream you dream alone is only a dream
the dream we dream together is reality.

\ ( \(\LaTeX\ \) \ ) [no spaces] at https://greasyfork.org/en/users/188714-wendy-krieger
wendy
Pentonian

Postby Higher_Order » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:46 am

Oh, ok. I get it now. I've been very busy for the past months, sorry for the late response.
Higher_Order
Dionian

Return to Consciousness